AMT is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to support our Suffolk, Virginia office. Eligible candidates will have 1-3 years of experience in a professional work environment and familiarity with general administrative procedures. Candidates must be self-starting, highly motivated professionals with strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills. Ability to work with all levels of employees while exercising poise, to manage workload, responsibilities, prioritize tasks, resolve problems, and to work independently after a brief explanation, in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Prepare, compose, and proof read office correspondence.
- Prioritize and complete delegated tasks before their deadlines.
- Maintain office and electronic file storage.
- Manage inventory of office supplies.
- Assist Human Resources with new-hire documentation, forms, and inquiries.
- Answer phones and handle telephone inquiries.
- Participate in marketing activities.
- Task order preparation for client service requests.
- Preparing invoices for submittal to clients.
- Assist with contract (and subcontract) preparation and documentation.
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional environment.
- High School Diploma (Associates Degree or College Degree with equivalent education and experience preferred).
- Must possess excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe programs.
- Experienced with scheduling, planning, record keeping, and filing.