AMT is seeking an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/ACCOUNTING CLERK for the firm office located in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will assist the office in a variety of functions. Candidate must have excellent computer skills including spreadsheet applications, superior attention to detail, and strong mathematical skills and accuracy.
Accounts Receivable functions such as:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by of invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from project charges, project managers, and from clients;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Reception/front desk duties to include answering phones, handling phone/network inquiries
- Prepare, compose and proofread office correspondence
- Word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint preparation
- Prioritize and complete delegated tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Organize and keep training logs, general office calendars, event registrations
- Maintain office and electronic file storage
- Arrange facilities for on-site and off-site meetings and coordinate with attendees
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Prepare mail, distribute mail, arrange logistics such as FedEx, UPS, and courier services.
- Previous data entry experience preferred.
- Position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized person.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal, written, and math skills and working knowledge of PCs, calculators, financial spreadsheet and accounting software and Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Deltek Vision a plus.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and handle multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Position requires a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
This full-time position offers weekly hours between 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m., and competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. Selected candidate(s) will be located in our Washington, DC office.