AMT seeks qualified candidates for a CIVIL CAD TECHNICIAN in our Rockville, Maryland office. Candidate must have broad experience with Microstation and InRoads/GeoPak/OpenRoads software programs relating to the civil and transportation engineering field and the ability to maintain and provide user support within all aspects of the CAD and drafting operations. Responsibilities for this CIVIL CAD TECHNICIAN position include:
- Prepares civil and transportation engineering drawings during the planning, design, and construction project phases; able to produce wide variety of high-quality detailed drawings including sketches, plans, specifications, and graphic displays. Works closely with project managers and engineers to ensure drawings are accurate and completed on time;
- Ensure that project milestone submissions are adhered to: Coordinates deadlines with project managers; attends project kick-off meetings to discuss project time lines; enforce any specified standards required; check drawing files for accuracy and neatness;
- Understands CAD requirements needed for different jurisdictions and keeps up to date with those requirements
- 3 or more years’ experience in the civil engineering field
- Associates degree, CAD Certification or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum of three years of professional experience with Bentley Microstation software
- Minimum of three years of professional experience producing civil/transportation engineering plan sets
- Adherence to data management and CAD standard requirements
- Excellent technical skills
- AutoCAD Civil 3D software and ESRI ArcGIS preferred but not required.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. Selected candidate(s) will work in our Rockville, Maryland office.