Our Landscape Architecture and Ecosystem Services Team is growing and seeking a highly motivated ENTRY-LEVEL LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT to join our team in Rockville, Maryland. The successful candidate will work on projects for mostly public sector clients that include park planning and design, streetscapes, trails, transportation networks, and community buildings. The team also supports other disciplines in our office. As an integral part of the team, you will work in a multidisciplinary atmosphere on projects from start to finish with most projects being constructed. You will never be sequestered to one type of project and will have access to many mentors along the way, including senior staff.
We are searching for a self-starting candidate who can work well with others and bring their design ideas forward. The successful candidate will be passionate about incorporating sustainable principles into the design process. The selected candidate should understand planting/hardscape materials, have an eye for design, be proficient in computer generated and hand drawn graphics, and possess a desire to learn. The work environment for this position is primarily in the office with occasional time in the field to conduct environmental surveys, site visits, and construction administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from a LAAB-accredited school
- 0-3 years of work experience in landscape architecture or related field
- Proficiency with: AutoCAD 2010 and later, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple projects and deadlines
- Familiarity with permitting processes at local, state, and federal agencies with a strong preference for the Mid-Atlantic region
- Interest in environmental stewardship
- Understanding of natural resource inventories, forest and tree conservation planning, wetland delineation and permitting
- Prepared to sit for the LARE
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. Selected candidate will work from our Rockville, Maryland office.