AMT is seeking a PROJECT ACCOUNTANT to assume a key role within the accounting department at our Rockville, Maryland office. The qualified candidate will have independent judgment and initiative while working within established policy/procedural guidelines, and ensure that all financial deadlines regarding billing are met for month-end closes. The position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized individual with the ability to multi-task and demonstrate success with accurate processing of billing.
- Responsible for a full cycle of receivables each month, including preparing invoices and reconciling project revenue.
- Understand and review basic contract documents as they relate to billing and revenue to ensure accurate invoice preparation.
- Perform revenue and expense analysis on projects and work with the Billing Manager to ensure accuracy in revenue and expense recognition.
- Meet with project managers to review project position, monthly invoices and budget reconciliations.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- 1-3 years of billing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting software. Position requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate should be well organized, detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Able to work effectively in a client-focused team environment, building upon a spirit of cooperation, and sharing knowledge and skills with others in the group.
- Able to employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Project Manager, Billing Manager or Accounting Manager, as necessary.
- Some understanding of accrual accounting concepts preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Prior experience with Deltek Vision a plus.
- Experience with A/E/C firms.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. Selected candidate(s) will be located in our Rockville, Maryland office.