AMT is seeking a STREAM RESTORATION DESIGNER in the firm’s Rockville, Maryland office. Qualified candidates should have at least five years of experience with stream, water resources, and wetland projects for state, county, and municipal clients in the region. Responsibilities include the development of stream designs, field investigations, TMDL permitting, H&H models and studies, preparation of construction documents, helping to coordinate work of multiple engineering disciplines, permitting, as well as preparing reports and the limited administration of construction duties.
- Geomorphologic, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling capabilities related to stream, wetland, drainage, stormwater management and floodplains.
- Rosgen or other stream assessment and design training.
- Natural stream channel and wetland creation design experience.
- Ability to prepare engineering design plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Ability to prepare engineering studies and reports.
- Experience with AutoCAD and ArcGIS software.
- Communication skills to provide assistance with supervising engineering work and client care.
- Minimum of five years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, environmental science, ecology, biology or hydrogeomorphology.
- Hydrology, hydraulics, geomorphology and stream design experience.
- EIT, PE or other license preferred but not required.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. Selected candidate(s) will be located in our Rockville, Maryland office.