Seeking candidates with 5-10 years experience in Virginia to work as a Construction Engineer or Construction Manager out of the firm’s Lebanon, VA Office. Must also have extensive experience providing schedule development, schedule reviews, constructability reviews, and construction management services on highway design and construction projects. A professional engineering license in Virginia is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in Virginia or ability to obtain within 90 days
- 5+ years of Construction Engineering experience
- Proficient with Primavera P3, Primavera P6, and Microsoft Project (required)
- The ability to develop Contract Time Determination Reports (CTDRs) on small to large highway projects compliant with all requirements of the Virginia Department of Transportation;
- The ability to perform monthly schedule update reviews on projects under construction meeting all requirements of the Virginia Department of Transportation’s Scheduling and Contracting Division;
- The ability to perform constructability reviews of highway and bridge projects at various stages of project development including PFI, FI, and PAC;
- Construction management and/or inspection experience is highly desirable for this service;
- The ability to assist clients with the development of schedule impact analyses and recovery schedules;
- The ability to assist clients with analyses of time and money pertaining to claims filed by contractors;
- The ability to work closely with construction managers and construction inspectors in order to review daily work reports and ensure compliance with contract requirements.
VDOT construction field inspection certifications highly desirable including Asphalt, Concrete, Soils and Aggregate, Work Zone, DCR, etc. preferred.
Please send your resume to email@example.com, fax to 301-881-0814, or mail to: A. Morton Thomas and Associates, Inc., 12750 Twinbrook Pkwy, Rockville, MD 20852, ATTN: HR Dept. EOE/M/F/V/H. Click here for an application.