AMT is seeking a highly motivated TRAFFIC ENGINEER to join its Transportation Engineering team. The selected candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks involving traffic analysis, traffic impact studies, feasibility studies, design studies, traffic data collection and processing, safety analyses and some report writing. Other responsibilities may include signal design. This person will have a minimum of 0-3 years of experience working on transportation or traffic projects in Virginia.
- Experience and interest in traffic engineering software such as Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS+, Corsim and Sidra is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently on simultaneous projects, which may include both office and field tasks.
- Experience with Microstation and AutoCAD.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- EIT required with ability to obtain Professional Engineering License within four (4) years.
- 0-3 years of roadway design and/or traffic analysis experience.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. Selected candidate(s) will be based in our Suffolk, Virginia office.