AMT is seeking a skilled ROADWAY ENGINEER to assume a key role at the firm’s Suffolk, Virginia office. Qualified candidates will have 0-7 years of experience working on Transportation Engineering projects preferably within Virginia. Experience working on roadway projects for VDOT and/or local jurisdictions, counties or municipalities is desirable.
- The selected candidate will perform as a Transportation Engineer and will be responsible for preparing deliverables, from roadway engineering concept plans to final plan design, for intersection improvements, maintenance of traffic, signing/pavement markings, and traffic signals.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently on simultaneous projects, which very often include both office and field tasks.
- Strong proficiency in Microstation/Geopak.
- Geopak Corridor Modeler experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- P.E. in North Carolina is preferred, but EIT with an ability to obtain a P.E. within the next 3-4 years is acceptable.
- 0-7 years of Traffic/Transportation Engineering experience.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards. Selected candidate(s) will be located in our Suffolk, Virginia office.