AMT is seeking a UTILITY DESIGNATING AND LOCATING TECHNICIAN for our Subsurface Utility Engineering (S.U.E) Team. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Subsurface Utility Engineering or an equivalent industry. Responsibilities include the successful designation of multiple underground utilities in accordance with CI/ASCE 38-02 Quality Level B Data using various pieces of electromagnetic and ground penetrating radar equipment, and the exposure of underground utilities using vacuum excavation in accordance with CI/ASCE 38-02 Quality Level A Data. Responsibilities also include performing various office tasks including equipment and vehicle maintenance, project kick off meetings, and utility records research.
- 3+ years Utility Designating Experience.
- 2+ years Utility Locating Experience (Vacuum Excavation).
- Ability to complete a field sketch and document all work.
- Capacity to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work 10 or more hours a day, with overtime and weekends as needed, and to travel throughout AMT’s entire eight-state service area.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- Land Survey experience a plus.
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and Video Pipe Inspection experience a plus.
This position is a good opportunity for the right individual as the department continues to expand its footprint. The selected candidate must be able to pass background and drug tests, and have a good driving record. Selected candidate(s) will be based in Rockville, Maryland and travel throughout our service area.