SMITHSONIAN: AN AMERICAN INSTITUTION
The Smithsonian Institution runs 19 museums including the new African American History and Culture Museum, the National Zoo and nine research centers. AMT has worked on a number of projects at many of these properties. We are deeply proud of the services we provide for such prestigious facilities, both in the District of Columbia and sites in Maryland and elsewhere.
A Variety of Services Meet a Variety of Needs
Our work with Smithsonian involves on-call assignments for a wide variety of improvements from renovations and maintenance projects at the museums on the National Mall, to a greenhouse in Suitland that houses rare plant species for the Museum of Natural History. We are currently working on a complete restoration of the National Air and Space Museum. These projects often include relocations and renovations, perimeter security, stormwater management and new construction. One project even involved designing a new bison exhibit at the Smithsonian National Zoo!
With our extensive experience and our knowledge of SI’s requirements, AMT is proud to assist the Smithsonian Institution in achieving their mission on projects both grand and small.
A sampling of our projects include:
- Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Renovation
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History Botany Greenhouse Relocation
- Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Perimeter Security
- Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum Waterproofing
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History Perimeter Security
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History Perimeter Security
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History Garage Reuse
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History Waterproofing
- Smithsonian Garber Water System Improvements/Backwater Preventer
- Smithsonian Fleet Maintenance Building at Garber, Suitland
- Smithsonian Greenhouses at Garber, Suitland
- Smithsonian Freer Gallery Renovations
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center – Utility and Communications System Upgrades